Coming off a a triple double vs Parsons 48 points, 15 rebounds 13 assists and 3 steals, we get to know Mason a little better.
- Name: Mason English
- School: Pittsburg Hs
- Sport: Basketball
- Year in school: 2024
- Previous athletic accomplishments:1000 point club; Most points in a game; record for most points at Pittsburg high school
On the Court:
- What’s your biggest strength as an athlete? What are you working on improving? -biggest strength is my IQ on the court and knowing when to score and when to pass the ball I’m improving on being a better leader and being more vocal
- Do you have any athletic role models? Who and why? Steph curry, he’s a follower of Christ and has been my favorite player as long as i can remember
- What’s your pre-game ritual? I take pre-game naps
- Describe your most memorable athletic moment: a victory, a challenge overcome, a moment of teamwork. Most athletic moment was driving baseline in one of my games and rising up and dunking the ball. Challenge overcome, was our comeback on our rivals Fort Scott we won by 2 and it was a team win and a good win. Moment teamwork was our 40 point win against Nevada, and we almost put up 100 points
Off the Court:
- What are your biggest challenges in balancing athletics with academics and other activities? Motivating myself to workout everyday and strive to be the best i can be
- How do you stay motivated in the off-season? I remind myself that i wanna take care of my family, and i want to repay them for everything they have done for me
- What are your hobbies and interests outside of sports? I like hanging with my friends and playing pool
- What are your future athletic or academic goals? I want to make it to the pros and prove myself that i can do anything i put my mind to
- What advice would you give to younger athletes just starting out? Yeah there might be some dark roads along the way, but there’s always like on the other side. God has you every step of the way.
- Favorite pump-up song or pre-game meal? Favorite pre-game meal is topical smoothie, a smoothie from there never misses
- What is your favorite thing about being a student-athlete in Southeast Kansas? The support from the community is always great
- Hidden talent or surprising fact about yourself? I’m really good at pool and that is my secret talent
- Tell us about a teammate or coach who has greatly impacted you My dad, he’s been my coach for the longest and even though he’s sitting in the stands he’s still coaching me, he has made a huge impact on my life, and will be forever grateful for him.
Thanks for your time Mason and best of luck with the rest of your season!