- 2A District 2 All-District Football 2020
- 2020 Three Rivers All League Volleyball Selections
- SEK All League Volleyball
- ALL SEK League Football Selections
- 2020 SEK Elite GIRLS Cross Country Team -Final
- 2020 SEK Elite BOYS Cross Country Team -Final
- SEK League Soccer
- Box Score – Madison Vs. West Elk
- SEK Elite GIRLS Cross Country after Regionals
- SEK Elite BOYS Cross Country after Regionals
BREAKING: KSHSAA Releases 2020 Basketball Regional & Sub-State Assignements
- Updated: December 4, 2019
2020 Sub-State Assignments
(*Indicates Boys Team Only, **Indicates Girls Team)
The following are the sites, managers and assignments for girls and boys sub-state basketball tournaments.
The Kansas State High School Activities Association and its member schools sponsor these tournaments for the girls and boys in the state of Kansas.
Classes 5A & 4A
These classes will have 36 schools in each class. These schools have been divided into 2 groups of 18 on a geographical basis.
CLASS 5A SUB-STATES
(March 3 – March 7)
East — Basehor-Linwood HS, Bonner Springs HS, De Soto HS, Kansas City-FL Schlagle HS, Kansas City-Sumner Academy, Kansas City-Turner HS, Kansas City-Washington HS, Lansing HS, Leavenworth HS, Lenexa-St. James Academy, Overland Park-Blue Valley Southwest HS, Overland Park-St. Thomas Aquinas HS, Pittsburg HS, Spring Hill HS, Tecumseh-Shawnee Heights HS, Topeka West HS, Topeka-Highland Park HS, Topeka-Seaman HS
CLASS 4A SUB-STATES
(March 3 – March 7)
East — Altamont-Labette County HS, Atchison HS, Baldwin HS, Chanute HS, Coffeyville-Field Kindley HS, Eudora HS, Fort Scott HS, Girard HS, Independence HS, Iola HS, Kansas City-Piper HS, Louisburg HS, Ottawa HS, Paola HS, Parsons HS, Shawnee Mission-Bishop Miege HS, Tonganoxie HS, Topeka-Hayden HS
Class 3A & 2A
Class 2A will have 65 schools and 3A will have 64 schools per class. These schools will conduct 8 sub-state tournaments of eight schools. Grouping are based on a geographical basis after host sites are determined.
- Seeding will be completed on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM. Brackets will be posted on the KSHSAA website after they are verified.
- Monday, March 2 Class 3A boys and Class 2A girls will play quarterfinal games at the higher seeded team.
- Tuesday, March 3, Class 3A girls and Class 2A boys will play quarterfinal games at the higher seeded team.
- Thursday, March 5, Class 3A boys and Class 2A girls will play semifinal contests at the sub-state host site.
- Friday, March 6, Class 3A girls and Class 2A boys will play semifinal games at the sub-state host site.
- Saturday, March 7, Class 2A and 3A girls and boys will play final games at the sub-state host to determine which school advances to the state tournament.
CLASS 3A SUB-STATES
(March 2 – March 7)
Burlington HS – Burlington HS, Garnett-Anderson County HS, Humboldt HS, LaCygne-Prairie View HS, Osage City HS, Osawatomie HS, Pomona-West Franklin HS, Wellsville HS
Cheney HS – Anthony/Harper-Chaparral HS, Caney Valley HS, Cheney HS, Douglass HS, Eureka HS, Kingman HS, Wichita Collegiate HS, Wichita-Trinity Academy
Galena HS – Baxter Springs HS, Cherryvale HS, Columbus HS, Fredonia HS\Longton-Elk Valley HS, Frontenac HS, Galena HS, Neodesha HS, Riverton HS
Hoyt-Royal Valley HS – Hoyt-Royal Valley HS, Meriden-Jefferson West HS, Perry-Lecompton HS, Riley County HS, Santa Fe Trail, Silver Lake HS, St. George-Rock Creek HS, St. Marys HS
CLASS 2A SUB-STATES
(March 2 – March 7)
Sedan HS – Belle Plaine HS, Cedar Vale HS\Dexter HS, Conway Springs HS, Garden Plain HS, Howard-West Elk HS, Leon-Bluestem HS, Sedan HS, Wichita-The Independent HS
Yates Center HS – Arma-Northeast HS, Cherokee-Southeast HS, Erie HS, Mound City-Jayhawk Linn HS, Pittsburg-St. Mary’s Colgan HS, Pleasanton HS, Uniontown HS, Yates Center HS
The structure for the Class 1A regional and sub-state tournaments is listed below.
Class 1A will have regional tournaments conducted February 24-29, 2020.
- The 1A schools are divided geographically into four areas/groups. Each group will have four regional tournaments with the same number of schools insofar as possible. There are 108 schools participating so there will be 4 regionals of 27 teams. Each regional will have 6 or 7 schools assigned.
- The top 2 teams from each regional tournament will advance to their area sub-state tournament and be placed in opposite brackets.
- Brackets/Seeding: will be completed on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 10:00 AM. Brackets will be posted when tournament seeding is completed.
- Format: Monday (boys)/Tuesday (girls) will be played at the higher seeded team. Thursday, Friday, Saturday games will be played at the primary host site listed below. Seeding for the 1A sub-states will be completed and released on Sunday, February 29, 2020.
Class 1A sub-state tournaments will be held at pre-determined sites on March 5, 6 & 7, 2020. Boys’ semifinals will be Thursday, girls semifinals will be Friday and Saturday will be a girls and boys championship game. The winners of these games will advance to the state tournament.
Burden-Central HS – Argonia HS, Burden-Central HS, Caldwell HS, Norwich HS, Oxford HS, South Haven HS, Udall HS
Elbing-Berean Academy – Burrton HS, Elbing-Berean Academy, Hutchinson-Central Christian HS, Peabody-Burns HS, Rosalia-Flinthills HS, *Wichita-Central Christian Academy, Wichita-Classical School Of Wichita
Moran-Marmaton Valley HS – Buffalo-Altoona Midway HS, Chetopa HS, Colony-Crest HS, Leroy-Southern Coffey County HS, Moran-Marmaton Valley HS, Oswego HS, St. Paul HS
Waverly HS – Hartford HS, Lebo HS, Madison/Hamilton, Melvern-Marais Des Cygnes Valley HS, Olpe HS, Waverly HS
Valley Falls HS – Burlingame HS, Centralia HS, Highland-Doniphan West HS, Onaga HS, Troy HS, Valley Falls HS, Wetmore HS