The 2019-2020 sports season is already underway with volleyball and soccer results trickling in. This week we will see more volleyball teams sending in final results and Friday marks the start of the Football season.
We have quite a bit to share with long-time visitors and those who are new to SEK-Sports.com this season.
All of which we expect to make our site a destination location for not just results but information about our regions’ student-athletes.
Below are just some of the new additions to our site that you can come to expect and visit each day for:
- League Student-Athlete of the Week
- Our goal for the website remains the same: to showcase the accomplishments of our region student-athletes in the leagues that we cover. New this year is the “League Student-Athlete of the Week”, one male and one female nominated by their coach from each of the seven leagues will be selected from the SEK-Sports.com staff & contributors. as the “Student-Athlete of the Week”. They will be announced on the Monday following the completion of each week’s competition. It is open to all sports in each season.
- Senior Spotlight
- Not all seniors are just athletic driven but also involved in other activities. Contributor Kenny Elrod will spotlight a different senior each week throughout the year. Nominations will be accepted by SEK-Sports.com readers and we will do our best to showcase as many seniors as we can with their accomplishments. We will release the link to our “Senior Spotlight” nominations on our social media platforms.
- Text Us Updates & Results
- Not everyone knows how to “tweet” and Facebook isn’t exactly the most up-to-date platform to find scores. Each game night during football and basketball season we will have a league scores page for teams in our coverage area that are competing each night. If you’re at a game, text in your scores to (620)-325-9531 and we will share with our readers on the website and on followers on social media. This isn’t just for football and basketball, but ALL results. Standard message & data rates may apply.
- SEK-Sports.com Top 5 Plays of the Week
- We’re really excited to roll this out. Send us via e-mail, Twitter or Facebook video of your nomination for “Top 5 Plays of the Week” and each Sunday we will publish them on our Social Media. What is a “Top Play”? It could be setting a new league or school record in cross country, it could be a hard hit, it could be a final drive to win the game, it could be a walk-off home run, it could….you get the idea. Send us your nominations. If you just have a photo of the event, we will work with that as well.
- Dining Page
- We’re excited to roll out the Dining page. With the expansion, it now includes 59 schools that stretch from the KC suburbs all the way to the Kansas Oklahoma border. There’s plenty of “local eats” to enjoy for traveling fans. While the selection is small now, we expect this section to grow as the year goes on and into next year. Our goal with this page is to keep it to just local eateries and not national brand chains so that there’s something new for others to enjoy.