- Name: Sam Hull
- School: Humboldt High School
- Sport: Football
- Year in school: Senior
- Previous athletic accomplishments (awards, records, etc.): all-state, all-district, all-league
On the Field:
- What’s your biggest strength as an athlete? What are you working on improving? My biggest strength is being able to go up for a ball and come down with it, jump balls are my best aspect. I would like to get a little bit better at blocking in the slot.
- Do you have any athletic role models? Who and why? Kobe Bryant is always an athlete to look up to, his mentality was unmatched on and off the court.
- What’s your pre-game ritual? Get a snack and listen to some music to try and get zoned in.
- Describe your most memorable athletic moment: a victory, a challenge overcome, a moment of teamwork. Beating Riverton my senior year was pretty memorable.
Off the Field:
- What are your biggest challenges in balancing athletics with academics and other activities? It’s definitely tough but as long as I pay attention in class and do my homework ahead of time, I don’t have a problem.
- How do you stay motivated in the off-season? I think discipline is more important than motivation. As long as I can stay disciplined, I’m set.
- What are your hobbies and interests outside of sports? I really enjoy working out and playing a little video games now and then is always fun.
- What are your future athletic or academic goals? I would like to maintain a 3.5 GPA in college, and I would like to be an all-conference player.
- What advice would you give to younger athletes just starting out? Stick with it. No matter what happens don’t give up.
- Favorite pump-up song or pre-game meal? One by Metallica, a Subway sandwich always hits good before a game.
- What is your favorite thing about being a student-athlete in Southeast Kansas? The environment I grew up in is pretty great, along with living in a small town and always being held accountable.
- Hidden talent or surprising fact about yourself? I average over 1 dunk a game in basketball.
- Tell us about a teammate or coach who has greatly impacted you. All of my coaches have been great, growing up but who taught me the most was my High School football Coach Logan Wyrick.