In a spectacular display of skill and teamwork, Southeast Varsity’s volleyball team delivered a stunning performance, going 3-0 at Chetopa on their first league night. They faced off against tough opponents and came out victorious, showcasing their talent on the court.
Vs. St. Paul – Won
The night kicked off with a dominant win against St. Paul, with the scores 25-14 and 25-9 in favor of Southeast Varsity. Several standout players made their mark:
- Senior Kinzey Cassidy shone with 4 aces.
- Junior Teagan Warner displayed her prowess with 6 kills.
- Sophomore Braelyn Sutton contributed with 2 blocks.
- Junior Charlee Gideon notched 6 kills and 2 blocks.
- Junior Eliz White showcased her playmaking skills with 9 assists.
- Junior Natalie Wells added to the aces count with 3 of her own.
Vs. Oswego – Won
The momentum continued as Southeast Varsity defeated Oswego with scores of 25-18 and 25-15. Notable performances included:
- Braelyn Sutton, a sophomore, impressively dug out 8 balls.
- Senior Sierra Applegate was a defensive force with 10 digs.
- The team collectively delivered 7 aces, 16 kills, 1 block, 34 digs, and 10 assists.
Vs. Chetopa – Won
In their final match of the night, Southeast Varsity secured another resounding win with scores of 25-11 and 25-9. Key contributors in this match were:
- Charlee Gideon, a junior, showcased her all-around game with 7 kills and 2 blocks.
- Junior Eliz White added to her aces tally with 5.
- Natalie Wells, once again, demonstrated her serving prowess with 4 aces.
Junior Natalie Wells summed up the night’s success: “We really played good tonight! Everyone came out with positive attitudes and mindsets to win. Our pass, set, hit connections have improved a ton. Along with our great mindsets and positive attitudes, we had a great loud and hyped up bench and pep club, which made it really fun. We mainly have been focusing on serve receive and moving our feet. Our communication has improved a ton as well. I am so excited to see what the rest of the season has to bring!”
The team’s next challenge awaits this Saturday at the Dexter tournament, where they aim to carry their winning momentum forward.
JV and C-Team Results
In addition to the varsity’s success, the JV and C-Team also displayed their skills on the court.
JV vs. St. Paul – Lost
Though they faced a tough match, JV put up a valiant effort with scores of 25-18, 19-25, and 8-15. Camryn Sanders made her presence felt with 5 kills, and Sienna Collins contributed with 9 aces.
JV vs. Oswego – Won
The JV team bounced back with a thrilling victory, overcoming Oswego with scores of 21-25, 25-15, and 15-10. Neveah Ihrer delivered 6 aces and 6 assists, while Camryn Sanders showcased her defensive skills with 5 digs.
Coach Kate Tweedy praised her team, saying, “The JV team accepted challenges in-game to hit specific spots and to be smart with the ball. They hustled and never gave up on the rallies in the last game.” JV’s record now stands at 4-5, and their next match is this Saturday at Colgan at 9 am.
C-Team vs. Chetopa – Won
The C-Team brought home another victory with scores of 25-17 and 25-3. Standout performances included Storm Miner’s 7 aces, Quincey Coots with 3 aces and 4 kills, and Hannah Messer contributing 5 aces and 4 assists.
Coach Dixee Lacen praised her team’s attitude, saying, “Tonight the C-Team came out with amazing attitudes. They showed up ready to play and served a great game.” The C-Team’s record now stands at 2-7.
With a night of impressive victories behind them, Southeast High School’s volleyball teams are poised for a successful season ahead. Keep cheering them on as they continue to serve, spike, and dig their way to victory!