Thank you to the following sponsors for supporting our coverage of local student-athletes.
New to our site this year is our Student-Athlete of the Week. One boy and one girl student-athlete are recognized from each of the 7 leagues we cover. This will help us promote the accomplishments of our student-athletes on and off the field.
It is the “SEK-Sports.com Student-Athlete of the Week”.
- Only school athletic directors and coaches are eligible to nominate
- Only active, seasonal sports are eligible
- The nominee’s performance is considered by the SEK-Sports.com staff along with classroom performance as well as other school activities and community standing and involvement.
- Nominations are open on Wednesday morning and closed Sunday at noon
- 1 boy and 1 girl from each league will be named
- If there are no nominations for one or both genders or from a league then no “Student-Athlete of the Week” will be awarded for that week
Here is this week’s SEK-Sports.com Student-Athlete’s of the Week.
THREE RIVERS LEAGUE
Chetopa freshman Andie Johnson
Andie is a great athlete and excels in everything she does She will be one to watch out for in the upcoming year. She is very quick and versatile and moves really well in the back row. Andie is really starting to build her confidence when it comes to attacking the ball in the front row. Andie had 2 kills, 3 aces and 4 blocks helping her team secure an undefeated league title. Andie is very smart and always wants to do better. She is also involved in Cheer, FFA, Dance and Stuco.
Eureka junior Brennan Lowe – FOOTBALL
Brennan Lowe recorded 117 yards rushing on 16 carries and 2 rushing TDs, Interception returned for a TD, and kickoff returned for a TD in a 33-14 win versus previous undefeated Belle Plaine on October 18. The Tornadoes are undefeated in district play.
Eureka junior Katie Sherman – VOLLEYBALL
Katie had 8 kills and 7 blocks. She was a huge force at the net on Tuesday night and played a large role in the Tornado success in their two league wins. Katie always brings drive and great work ethics to the plate and we would not be complete without her.
No nominations were submitted from the CNC, Pioneer, SCBL, Lyon County, and SEK Leagues